How Do I?
Wondering what next steps to take on your self-directed IRA investing journey?
We've put together summary descriptions of the most common self-directed activities. Click here to learn How Do I?
Forgot what investment documents are required to direct an investment?
Our Investor Guides will provide your with all the information you need to get your self-directed IRA investing process started.
The following guides were created to give investors and their trusted advisors detailed information on the various types of Alternative Investments that may be held in a self-directed IRA.
Considering an investment in a privately held company? Read about M2 Trust's requirements in the following document.
Have you been learning about investing in promissory notes and/or deeds of trust? Learn about M2 Trust's process for assisting with promissory note investments by reviewing our Private Debt guide.
Thinking about adding a real estate investment to further diversify your self-directed IRA portfolio? There are definite rules and regulations that must be followed in addition to M2 Trust's transaction process. The following guide can help you understand the process and procedures to follow.
Industry and Government Resources
We have curated this list of important topics from various Government and industry organizations. Feel free, however, to continue to "self-direct your education" on an ongoing basis by researching, reading, analyzing and thinking about how you are going to reach your future financial goals.
- Investor Checklist
- IRS Does Not Approve IRA Investments
- Self-directed IRA and the Risk of Fraud
- Understanding the Role of the Custodian
- About Third Party Custodians
- Traditional and Roth IRAs
- Small Business Retirement Plans (SEP and Simple IRAs)
- One Participant 401(k) (Solo or Individual 401(k)) Plans
- IRS Rollover Chart
- Beginner's Guide to Asset Allocation and Diversification
- What You Can Do to Avoid Investment Fraud
- Online Real Estate Investing Platforms
- Crowdfunding Information for Investors
- Private Placements Explained
- Investing in Private Placements
- Investing in Promissory Notes
- Investing in Precious Metals
- IRS Position Regarding Precious Metals IRA Investments